Monday, November 3, 2008

Superfluous signage


There are many superfluous signs in this country. I'd argue that, although hilarious, the above is an example of one; I doubt that anyone is prepared to sue the manufacturer of sexual stimulants for an unexpected orgasm - it is justifyable because it's beautifully worded and evidently it inspires debate. Another favourite is 'Slippery When Wet'. If I I've learnt one thing from this fanwalk it's that things in which water plays a large role are usually slippery: ice, slippery; mud, slippery; fish, slippery. Perhaps the slippery when wet sign should be placed next to cutlery at restaurants to stop over zealous meat eaters from accidentally stabbing themselves in the leg with a steak knife. 'Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?'

No comments:

Post a Comment